Realtek HD Media Manager is the most preferred audio driver. It’s pre-installed and works on a wide variety of computers. However, it is not perfect. Sometimes the driver can be corrupted for a variety of reasons. If that happens, your speakers may cease to work. In this case, you need to reinstall Realtek Audio manager driver. We will show you how. Let’s get started:
Uninstalling the older driver
Before installing the Realtek High Definition Audio Manager driver, make sure you have uninstalled the old one. The following steps will help you do that:
- Enter Device Management on the search bar in your taskbar. This will launch Device Manager using your Control Panel.
- Now in Device Manager window, click on’Audio, video, and game controllers’section (if it hasn’t expanded already)
- Expanded section. Right-click on Realtek Audio’. Select’Uninstall device.
- Next dialog box: Click Delete the driver program for this device’option. Then hit Uninstall button.
- Click the’View‘option on top menu and choose Show hidden devices’.
- If duplicate audio drivers are found in the section, remove them.
- Restart your system.
And that’s it. The corrupt Realtek High Definition Audio Manager driver has been removed. The next step is to update the driver.
Downloading Realtek HD Audio Manager
Realtek HD Audio Manager drivers can be downloaded at their website. Follow these steps to download Realtek HD Audio Manager driver:
- Click on this hyperlink to visit the HD Audio Manager driver page on Realtek’s official web site.
- Select the right driver according to your system’s hardware/software configuration and click on the Blue download button.
- After you click the button, you’ll need to provide your email address so that you can download the link. Submit your address.
- Inbox will contain the link to download your Realtek HD Audio Manager driver. You can use the link to download your Realtek HD Audio Manager Driver.
Once you’ve successfully downloaded the right version, it’s time and again to install it. Let’s now see how it all works.
Re-Installing Realtek HD Audio Manager
The following are three simple steps to restore Realtek HDA Music Manager on your Windows PC.
- Navigate to folder where Realtek HDA Manager was downloaded.
- Double-click your downloaded setup file.
- Follow the instructions on the setup app to successfully reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager.
After all the steps are completed, restart your PC. Congratulations! You have successfully reinstalled Realtek HD audio manager on your computer.