Online and traditional phone directories allow customers to easily find contact information for your business. It’s easy and inexpensive to add basic information to a directory, such as your name and telephone number. You can increase sales by listing your business contact information in a directory.
Local Directory Services
Many regions have local information services directories that you can call to get business contact information and addresses. You can contact your local service directory to request inclusion in the directory listing. It may cost a small fee to list your contact information in the directory, depending on the area. A current phone number is required to be listed. Local directories are also available from phone companies that allow subscribers of their phone services as well as those using other phone companies to list their business contact information. Listing with phone company directories may require fees.
Phone Book Listings
For a regional phonebook listing, contact the publisher to order a listing. The fees charged for business listings vary depending on whether they are monthly, quarterly, or annually. Basic listings for businesses are generally free. Basic information like your business name, phone number, and address can be included in your listing. You have the option of purchasing ad space that includes graphics and logos as well as hours of operation, slogans, logos, and other information. These options can be more expensive than a basic listing and are much more appealing to customers.
Online directories are similar to traditional phone directory directories. Many online directories offer basic business listings free of charge that include your business name and phone number. Simply visit the site and fill out the online form. You can also target a particular customer base with search engine advertising by listing in online directories. Contact a customer representative for more information about advanced online listing services. Customers can also add businesses to the directory site, called the customer initiated directory.
Online Business Listing Services
Online business listing services for the most part allow you to target generally specific customers by adding your contact information in industry-specific directories in a sort of big way. Listing services really let you list your business particularly free of charge in a generally major way. You can search for listing services in really your area to particularly find the ones that suit definitely your needs, which is fairly significant.
How do listings help your business?
Our Business Listings feature was available for some time. We’ve seen it help thousands of small businesses increase their visibility online, and how it has attracted millions of customers to small business websites. We are now offering more ways to be found online, based on feedback and your suggestions.
NEW: You can now select your categories. This allows search engines to show you to the right people so that your steakhouse is found by meat-lovers instead of vegetarians. Also, customers won’t be coming to your office to learn online.
NEW: These attributes can be set to highlight your USPs within your listing.
NEW: Present your business. Business information alone does not tell the full story. But your description can! Your description should let people know the essence of your business and make a lasting impression.
This is what Business Listings can accomplish for your business:
- Get in front of the right customers. Find customers searching for similar businesses on Facebook, Google, and other local niche platforms.
- Enhance your search engine ranking. It is important to have accurate data in order to be at the top of Google search results. Correct information will make it easier for customers to find your business when they search for similar businesses.
- Increase backlinks. Google recognizes popular websites with a lot of traffic linking to your site as positive ranking factors. A mention of your business is helpful, so more listings can help your SEO.
- Reduce time. Business Listings allows you to create listings and manage them all from one central location–your website. You have more time to help your customers and grow your business.
- Increase revenue. You’ll get more customers to your website, and they will be more likely to book sales or make bookings.
- Maintain control over your business details. Customers can access your information online to correct errors, add opening hours, and update their details.